Six deserving professionals attained the title of Research Fellow of the Royal Institution, Singapore during its 4th Global Congress and Conferment Ceremony on November 29, 2014 at the Manila Hotel, Philippines.
Their qualifications were screened and reviewed by the Special Screening Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. They were awarded certificates and Royal Institution Fellow pins. The Research Fellows of the Royal Institution, Singapore are:
• Dr. Carmencita L. Castolo, Director of Polytechnic University of the Philippines Open University. She is a Professor V, Registered Teacher and has been teaching for more than 20 years. She obtained her Doctor, Master and Bachelor in Educational Management at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. She is an International Visiting Professorial Fellow of the Royal Institution and a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Educators, Singapore.
• Dr. Emelyn Q. Libunao, Staff Director for Program Management Division of the Philippine Information Agency. She completed her Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Major in Business Administration with Manuel L. Quezon University and the academic requirements leading to the degree of Master in Business Administration, major in General Management at the same school. She obtained her Master of Arts in Mass Communication and Doctor in Business Administration at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. She also completed a course in Advances in Health Communication and Advocacy conducted by the John Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA as a World Health Organization Fellow and a course in Strategic Leadership and Management for Population and Reproductive Health conducted by the John Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA, as a Bill Gates Fellow. She is a Fellow (Life) of the Royal Institute of Business Administration, Singapore.
• Dr. Antonio F. Mateo, Proprietor and General Manager of A. Mateo Engineering and Consultancy Services (AMECOS). He is also the President and General Manager of AMECOS Innovations, Inc. and Inventions and Innovations Marketing Corporation. He obtained his Doctor of Philosophy in Commerce (Benemeritus) from the University of Santo Tomas, Philippines, Master of Science in Management Engineering (Summa Cum Laude) from Adamson University Graduate School, Philippines and Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Mapua Institute of Technology, Philippines. He is a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Electrical Engineers, Singapore.
• Dr. Ma. Junithesmer D. Rosales, Associate Dean of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines Graduate School. She is also a Faculty member of Polytechnic University of the Philippines Graduate School and College of Education. She is a National Accreditor of the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities of the Philippines (AACUP). She obtained her Doctor in Educational Management from Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Master of Arts in English and Bachelor of Science in Education from University of Santo Tomas, Philippines. She has published textbooks, manuals and journal articles about the English Language.
• Dr. Noruel Gerard A. Salvador, General, Cancer and Laparoscopic Surgeon and the Secretary of the Department of Surgery of Westlake Medical Center, Philippines. He is a Licensed Physician and Medical Technologist. He obtained his Doctor of Medicine from University of Santo Tomas, Philippines and Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology from San Beda College, Philippines. He is a Fellow of the Philippine College of Surgeons and Philippine Society of General Surgeons, and a Diplomate of the Philippine Board of Surgery. He is a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Surgeons, Singapore.
• Dr. Ethel Agnes P. Valenzuela, Senior Specialist at Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization, Regional Center for Educational Innovation and Technology (SEAMEO INNOTECH). She is also a Lecturer at the College of Education Graduate School of the University of the Philippines, Diliman. She obtained her Doctor of Education from De La Salle University, Philippines, Master of Arts in Education from Philippine Normal University in Manila and Bachelor in Secondary Education from Divine World College of Calapan, Oriental Mindoro, Philippines. She has published books and research journal articles on Education Systems. Two of her works are K to 12 in Southeast Asia: A comparison of educational system (Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines) and K to 12 Toolkit: A Reference Guide for legislators, administrators and teachers of the K to 12 reforms. She is a member of the Technical Panel of Experts in Open, Distance, and Transnational Education of the Commission on Higher Education, the Philippines.