Honorable Alfredo S. Lim, former Senator and City of Manila Mayor, led the Ribbon-Cutting of the RI Research Journal and Poster Exhibit during the Royal Institution, Singapore’s 4th Global Congress and Conferment Ceremony on November 29, 2014 at the Manila Hotel, Philippines.
He was assisted by Dr. Samuel M. Salvador, Vice President for Academic Affairs of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines and Honorary Fellow of the Royal Institution, Singapore.
The inaugural edition of the RI Research Journal is the compilation of the Research Papers presented by the Research Fellows of the Royal Institution during its International Congress and Conferment Ceremony held at the Theatre of Sutera Harbour Marina Golf and Country Club in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, on May 1, 2014. Ten scholarly prepared Research Papers are featured and classified into the categories of Business, Organisation and Management, and Education and Social Sciences.
All the research papers have been reviewed by the International Review Board.
With the theme ASEAN Integration 2015: Impact on Business and Industry, Education, and Public Administration, 13 scholarly written Research Papers were featured in the Poster Exhibit. These were as follows:
• “The Recruitment and Training Practices of a Health and Beauty Network Marketing Company in Singapore”
Dr. Athena Georgene, FRIAM, FRIFAr, FRIFC, FRIFP, FRILE, FRIIC, FRIM, FRIMBA, FRIS, FRIWM
• “The Importance of the Factors and Problems on the Lending Practices of Philippine Rural Banks”
Dr. Gerardo A. Butardo, FRIAcc, FRIBA, FRIFM
• “Awareness, Competitive Advantages, and Employment Interests of Teacher Education Students in ASEAN 2015”
Dr. Carmencita L. Castolo, FRI (Rs), FRIEdr
Prof. Lizyl R. Rebusquillo, MRIEdr (Sr)
• “ASEAN 2015: Comparative Bank Secrecy Laws of the ASEAN Member States”
Ms. Angelica A. Magdaraog, MRIBA (Sr)
• “Work System and Organizational Commitment: Their Influence on Employee Performance”
Dr. John A. Magno, FRIEdr, FRIPAr, FRIPsych
• “Sustainable Interventions for Water Shortages & Disasters : Innovative Rainwater Harvesting System, and Related Technologies”
Dr. Antonio F. Mateo, FRI (Rs), FRIEE
• “Values Integration in Business Education Courses and Their Manifestation in the Academic and Administrators’ Functions: A Potential Antidote to Corruption”
Dr. Monina Golla – Olaño, FRIEdr
• “Effectiveness of the Marketing Strategies and Clients’ Level of Satisfaction on the Car Rental Business in the National Capital Region: Basis for Better Services”
Dr. Aides M. Rivamonte, FRIBA, FRIEntr
• “Distance and Transnational Education in the Philippines: Challenges and Strategies in the Context of ASEAN 2015”
Dr. Ma. Junithesmer D. Rosales, FRI (Rs)
• “Validation of the Surgical APGAR Score Among Patients Undergoing Major Surgery at the Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center”
Dr. Noruel Gerard A. Salvador, FRI (Rs), FRISrgn
• “Oral Communication in Accounting Practice: Perspectives from the Philippines”
Ms. Pia Patricia P. Tenedero, MRIEng (Sr)
• “Modeling and Forecasting Foreign Trade of the Philippines Using Time Series Sarima Model”
Mr. Jackie D. Urrutia, MRIMath (Sr), MRIStat (Sr)
• “ASEAN Integration 2015: Impact on Business & Industry, Education, and Public Administration”
Mr. Donato C. Yap, MRIEdr (Sr)